Background 3

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Entry-way Table

Ryan and I have been blessed beyond measure during our first year of marriage. One of the many ways that we were so richly blessed early on was to be given nearly all of the furniture that we have in our house. Seriously. The only thing we purchased was a  couch and a TV. One of the pieces that we inherited from Ryan's grandmother was an entry way table. I had been dying to get my hands on this baby and doll up a bit ever since it first made an appearance in the Fee home and I finally had the opportunity to do so a few weeks ago! Here she was before.

I waited so long to do something with this piece because I did not want to sand it...can you blame me? Look at those legs.  No thank-you. So, this was a perfect piece to try out my new Annie Sloan Chalk Paint that requires no sanding. Yes, you read that right. No sanding.

A little light and dark wax and some distressing later and here she is! I feel like I should name her or something...

Ah...perfectly imperfect.

No comments: